- 2-hour programs are offered Tuesday – Friday, 10 and 11 AM
- Maximum 35 students per hour, with one chaperone required for every eight students
- Required chaperones are free, and additional chaperones are $6 per person
- Four-week advance registration is required
- All materials provided
- If a school group elects to bring bagged lunches, they can enjoy them at Crocker Park directly across the street from the Museum, and if available the Museum’s E. Kendell Davis Courtyard. The Crocker Art Museum does not have indoor public spaces available for groups that bring bagged lunches. Please note in case of inclement weather, we suggest making alternate plans.
Tour + Sketching
Grades 3 – 12; $175 per workshop
Look, learn, and practice basic sketching techniques with one of our resident teaching artists.
Tour + Still Life
Grades 1 – 12; $275 per workshop
Inspired by still life paintings, students will make their own compositions using wet and dry media while learning the core elements of art and principles of design.
Tour + Sculpture
Grades 3 – 12; $275 per workshop
After studying various sculptures from the collection, students will experiment with wire and fun objects to construct a kinetic sculpture. Through guided instruction, students will learn how to employ line, form, balance, and movement. It's constructive and creative!
STE(A)M at the Museum
Grades 3 – 8; $425 per workshop
Led by Museum staff, this interdisciplinary tour uses the visual arts as a lens to study science and math concepts. This 2-hour program includes a studio session, where students are led through an arts integration activity.
Tour + Performance: Mathematical Madness with B Street Theatre
Tuesday, December 11, 2018 • $12 per person; 11 AM & 12 PM
From Eratosthenes’s work with prime numbers, to Aryabhata's calculations of pi, Ada Lovelace's first attempts at a computer, and Albert Einstein's figuring of E=MC2, the history of math is revealed in B Street School Tour’s zany and hysterical collection of short plays. The performance is complemented by a special tour of select work from the Crocker’s permanent collection.
Tour + Performance
Tuesday, February 26, 2019; 11 AM & 12 PM • $12 per person; chaperones are not free
This two-for-one program includes a professional performance paired with a docent-led tour of select artwork, including the exhibition History, Labor, Life: The Prints of Jacob Lawrence.