Sacramento is full of talented, passionate, and creative people. It’s truly a privilege to be present when groups of people gather together in support of one another.
For the past few years the Crocker has had the honor of holding ArtMix Pride, an annual event that celebrates and supports those in the community who identify as LGBTQ+. Although we're not able to gather together in the same way this year, we still want to provide a platform for organizations that dedicate themselves to directly supporting Sacramento's LGBTQ+ community, like The Sacramento Gay Men’s Chorus, which allowed us to share this heartfelt message and digital performance they created earlier this month.
We'd also like to thank ChaCha Burnadette of The Darling Clementines, for her constant work and inspiring passion, as well as this beautiful tribute to the LGBTQ+ Black and Indigenous People of Color (BIPOC) who have made important contributions to the fight for equality, equity, and justice. Please take the time to visit not only these organizations’ sites, but the others listed below. Many of these organizations are non-profits, which means community support is important now more than ever.
Local LGBTQ+ Organizations and Resources
- Asian Pacific Islander Queer Coalition, a local organization that supports and advocates for Sacramento's LGBTQ+ Asian and Pacific Islander communities and similar marginalized groups
- amBi,a national community for bi people, their partners, and allies.
- Black Womxn United Sacramento , a non-profit dedicated to the education, protection, and advancement of all Black women
- Gender Health Center, an non-profit organization that offers counseling services to the region's most underserved communities, with a focus on the "T" in LGBTQ+
- Golden Rule Services Sacramento, a local organization formed in response to a lack of culturally competent services for LGBTQ+ Black and Indigenous People of Color communities
- Lavender Library, a lending library and archive housing a range of LGBTQ+ nonfiction and fiction materials
- LGBT National Help Center, a help center that provides free and confidential peer-support, as well as local resources
- The Okra Project, a collective that seeks to address the global crisis faced by Black Trans people by bringing "cooked, healthy, and culturally specific meals and resources to Black Trans people" wherever they can reach them
- PFLAG Sacramento, the United State's first and largest organization for LGBTQ+ people, their parents, families, and allies
- Sac LGBT Center, a community center dedicated to creating a region where LGBTQ+ people can thrive