Building on the success of last year’s virtual auction, Art Auction Season 2022 will feature a lively mix of virtual and in person events! Big Names, Small Art (BNSA) and the Silent Art Auction will both have virtual bidding opening on May 10, while the highly anticipated Live Auction Event will take place in person on June 4. Don't miss the NEW Preview Party on May 26 for a fun and festive evening where all of the works of art available for bidding will be on view. Explore BNSA, Silent Auction, and Live Auction works while mingling with fellow bidders, artists, and collectors.
Art Auction Season is a crucial source of support for our world-class exhibitions and thought-provoking programs that benefit thousands of children, families, and adults served by the Museum every year. So, remember to bid high and bid often!
How to Register for the Virtual Auctions
Early registration is important. Registering a few days in advance of the May 10 auction openings will ensure you will be approved in time to bid. If you are already signed up with Bidsquare, you may skip to Step #2 below.
STEP 1: Join Bidsquare
1. Visit bid.crockerart.org.
2. Click “Sign Up” in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
3. Enter your email and a password.
4. Provide credit card and billing information. This is required to be approved for bidding. Your card will not be charged, and if you are a winning bidder, you will have the opportunity to change your preferred payment method upon checkout.
5. Check your email! Click the link sent to you to verify your email address.
6. Remember your Bidsquare login and password; you will need it later.
STEP 2: Register for the Auctions
1. Click HERE to log in and view the Crocker's Auctions on Bidsquare.
2. Select BNSA or Silent Art Auction, then click the green “Register Now” button. Registering for one auction allows participation in both virtual auctions.
3. Agree to the auction terms and conditions and confirm.
4. You will receive a pop-up message and an email when your registration is approved. Once successfully registered, you are able to bid in both auctions.
5. Start bidding! Auctions open on May 10.
How to Bid in the Live Art Auction
If you are unable to attend the Live Art Auction on Saturday, June 4 (tickets and tables are available for purchase HERE), but you are interested in bidding on one of the works in the Live Art Auction, you may place an absentee bid in advance. To place an absentee bid, please email email@example.com or call (916) 808-7843.