Wayne Thiebaud Celebration of Life
Saturday, May 28, 2022
Wayne Thiebaud changed the way we think about what art can be and about how we view ourselves. Californians tend to think of him as an artist who belonged to them. And yet, his importance was much broader. Thiebaud was truly America’s artist, and his art is revered internationally.
Join us in a community remeberance of Wayne Thiebaud in the Crocker's Main courtyard, aligned with the encore presentation of Wayne Thiebaud: A Celebration, 1920–2021. Hear from family and friends of the beloved artist, and celebrate his legacy with a preview of the exhibition, open all day. Admission to the Museum is free for everyone, and seating is first-come, first-serve.
- Lial A. Jones, Mort and Marcy Friedman Director and CEO, Crocker Art Museum
- Congresswoman Doris Matsui, California, 6th District
- Janet Bishop, Thomas Weisel Family Chief Curator and Curator of Painting and Sculpture, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Larry Crabbe, Wayne Thiebaud Foundation Board member, friend, and tennis partner
- Kelly Purcell, Director, Paul Thiebaud Gallery, San Francisco
- Twinka Thiebaud, daughter and artists’ model
- Scott A. Shields, Ted and Melza Barr Chief Curator and Associate Director, Crocker Art Museum
Free for everyone
This program takes place at the Crocker. For the most up-to-date information regarding Health & Safety protocol at the Museum, please visit this page.