Bid high and bid often to support Museum education, exhibitions, and more!
Saturday, July 18, 2020
Live Auction begins at 5:30 PM
Art Auction Season goes online with 200 + artworks up for bid that showcase many of the region’s most distinguished artists. Join art patrons, community leaders, and philanthropists from throughout the region to support artists and acquire great works of art, many of which are created by artists in the Museum’s permanent collection.
Support raised from this year’s Art Auction Season is critical for the Crocker and for the thousands of children, families, and adults the Museum serves every year. Your generous support is needed now more than ever, so remember to bid high and bid often!
Registration for Art Auction Season is free, but there are still sponsorships and tickets available that provide recognition and hospitality benefits, like dinner delivered to your Art Auction viewing party on July 18, a private viewing of the artworks up for bid with Executive Director & CEO Lial A. Jones and Associate Director & Chief Curator Scott Shields, and more! For more information, please call (916) 808-7843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Purchase tickets and sponsorships HERE.
This year's Art Auction Season has three components:
BIG NAMES, SMALL ART (BNSA) is a silent auction of more than 100 small artworks (12 x 12 inches or less) with bidding on each starting at just $25, regardless of the work’s fair market value. Online bidding for BNSA begins June 19 HERE and closes July 18, starting at 1 PM.
The Crocker LIVE AUCTION will come to you via livestream on the Bidsquare platform. Our live event will begin on July 18 at 5:30 PM with a spirited live auction of 10 artworks and the evening’s fund-a-need. You can join us from the comfort of your living room! Tune in HERE.
The Crocker SILENT AUCTION features 90 original works of art by the region’s most renowned artists. Online bidding opens June 19 HERE and closes July 18, directly following our livestreamed Live Auction event. The silent Auction will close one artwork every minute beginning at 7 PM.
How to Register
Early registration is important. Registering a few days in advance of the June 19 auction opening will ensure you will be approved to bid in time for the auction.
STEP 1: Join Bidsquare
1. Visit bidsquare.com.
2. Click “Sign Up” in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
3. Fill out your user information and click “Create Account”.
4. You will receive an email confirmation that you registered.
5. Follow the email instructions to verify your email address and input your credit card information for verification purposes only.
6. Remember your Bidsquare login and password; you will need it later.
STEP 2: Register for the Auctions
1. Click HERE to view the Crocker's Auctions on Bidsquare
2. Click on the auction you would like to participate in (BNSA, silent, or live), then click the green “Register Now” button. (note: registering for BNSA allows participation in the Silent Auction and vice versa)
3. You will be directed to the Bidsquare login screen. Enter the email address and password you used to join Bidsquare and log in.
4. Agree to the auction terms and conditions, and confirm.
5. You will receive a pop-up message and an email when your registration is approved. If you receive an email that your registration is pending, the Crocker is reviewing your registration and you will receive an approval email shortly.
6. Begin to bid!
Free for everyone
A special thank you to our 2020 Art Auction Season Sponsors:
BNSA Presenting Sponsor
Denise and Donald Timmons
Patron Table Sponsors
Anthem Blue Cross
Hughey Phillips, LLP
L and D Landfill and the Lien Family
Mark and Simone Rathe
Runyon Saltzman, Inc.
Western Health Advantage
Gail L. Dellagnena