Crocker Art Camp: Underwater Adventure
Monday, July 29, 2019
9 AM – 4 PM
Monday – Friday, July 29 – August 2
9 AM – 4 PM
Campers ages 5 to 6 will dive deep into oceans and rivers to discover aquatic animals and ecosystems. Exploration begins with a look at underwater art and experiments with watercolor painting to see how light and colors change when they’re submerged or refracted. Campers will have fun as they paint, print, collage, and sculpt their own under-water worlds.
The Crocker's high-quality, full-day art camps are designed to support campers as they explore, imagine, experiment, and create. Camps focus on process over product and offer campers an opportunity to explore diverse subjects and materials through the Museum’s renowned collection and special exhibitions. Campers develop friendships and critical thinking skills through looking at, talking about, and making art.
- Taught by professional art educators, campers build visual literacy and art skills through exceptional and memorable camp experiences, including social play outdoors and gallery-based activities.
- All supplies are included, and morning and afternoon snacks are provided.
- Each week, campers go on a field trip or have a special guest.
- Camps are grouped by ages 5 – 6 and 7 – 9 to support developmentally appropriate interaction and exchange.
- Each camper receives a 100% cotton Crocker Kid t-shirt
$250 members • $295 nonmembers
Not a member? Click here to join today!
No experience is required unless noted. The Museum provides student-quality supplies included in the fee unless indicated otherwise. Students are welcome to bring their personal supplies; however there is no discount for doing so. Oil paints are not allowed in studio classrooms.