Crocker Art Camp: Out of This World
Monday, July 29, 2019
9 AM – 4 PM
This class is currently full. To have your name added to the waiting list, please hit the REGISTER button, or call (916) 808-1184.
Monday – Friday, July 29 – August 2
9 AM – 4 PM
Science and art fuse as campers ages 7 to 9 gain an appreciation of nocturns (twilight paintings) and paint their own, compose an aerosol painting of an imagined universe, create an assemblage of comets, and make more art that is out of this world. Plus, special guest astronomers will share their enthusiasm for our solar system and tell stories of how it works.
The Crocker's high-quality, full-day art camps are designed to support campers as they explore, imagine, experiment, and create. Camps focus on process over product and offer campers an opportunity to explore diverse subjects and materials through the Museum’s renowned collection and special exhibitions. Campers develop friendships and critical thinking skills through looking at, talking about, and making art.
- Taught by professional art educators, campers build visual literacy and art skills through exceptional and memorable camp experiences, including social play outdoors and gallery-based activities.
- All supplies are included, and morning and afternoon snacks are provided.
- Each week, campers go on a field trip or have a special guest.
- Camps are grouped by ages 5 – 6 and 7 – 9 to support developmentally appropriate interaction and exchange.
- Each camper receives a 100% cotton Crocker Kid t-shirt
$250 members • $295 nonmembers
Not a member? Click here to join today!
No experience is required unless noted. The Museum provides student-quality supplies included in the fee unless indicated otherwise. Students are welcome to bring their personal supplies; however there is no discount for doing so. Oil paints are not allowed in studio classrooms.