Crocker Art Camp: Flying Machines and Winged Wonders
Monday, July 22, 2019
9 AM – 4 PM
This class is currently full. To have your name added to the waiting list, please hit the REGISTER button, or call (916) 808-1182
Monday – Friday, July 22 – 26
9 AM – 4 PM
Inspired by engineering, nature, and art, this camp begins with a visit to the California Raptor Center at UC Davis to learn simple flight principles and sketch birds in their natural habitat. Back in the Crocker studio, Campers ages 7 to 9 will compose paintings based on their sketches, invent and sculpt winged wonders from their imagination, fold origami planes, and paint aerial landscapes.
The Crocker's high-quality, full-day art camps are designed to support campers as they explore, imagine, experiment, and create. Camps focus on process over product and offer campers an opportunity to explore diverse subjects and materials through the Museum’s renowned collection and special exhibitions. Campers develop friendships and critical thinking skills through looking at, talking about, and making art.
- Taught by professional art educators, campers build visual literacy and art skills through exceptional and memorable camp experiences, including social play outdoors and gallery-based activities.
- All supplies are included, and morning and afternoon snacks are provided.
- Each week, campers go on a field trip or have a special guest.
- Camps are grouped by ages 5 – 6 and 7 – 9 to support developmentally appropriate interaction and exchange.
- Each camper receives a 100% cotton Crocker Kid t-shirt
$250 members • $295 nonmembers
Not a member? Click here to join today!
No experience is required unless noted. The Museum provides student-quality supplies included in the fee unless indicated otherwise. Students are welcome to bring their personal supplies; however there is no discount for doing so. Oil paints are not allowed in studio classrooms.