Crocker Art Camp: My Planet Earth
Monday, July 29, 2019
9 AM – 4 PM
This Camp is now full.
Monday – Friday, July 29 – August 2
9 AM – 4 PM
From tropical zones to desert climates and majestic mountains, campers ages 5 to 6 will discover the features that make up our world, then collaboratively plan and build a table-top, 3-D model of a climate zone. Each day, campers will build sculptures of geographical features they love and add them to model. Individually, campers will paint sunsets, mountains, and the Earth as seen from space.
The Crocker's high-quality, full-day art camps are designed to support campers as they explore, imagine, experiment, and create. Camps focus on process over product and offer campers an opportunity to explore diverse subjects and materials through the Museum’s renowned collection and special exhibitions. Campers develop friendships and critical thinking skills through looking at, talking about, and making art.
- Taught by professional art educators, campers build visual literacy and art skills through exceptional and memorable camp experiences, including social play outdoors and gallery-based activities.
- All supplies are included, and morning and afternoon snacks are provided.
- Each week, campers go on a field trip or have a special guest.
- Camps are grouped by ages 5 – 6 and 7 – 9to support developmentally appropriate interaction and exchange.
- Each camper receives a 100% cotton Crocker Kid t-shirt
$250 members • $295 nonmembers
Not a member? Click here to join today!
No experience is required unless noted. The Museum provides student-quality supplies included in the fee unless indicated otherwise. Students are welcome to bring their personal supplies; however there is no discount for doing so. Oil paints are not allowed in studio classrooms.