Crocker Art Camp: Trees, Poppies and Me!
Monday, July 1, 2019
9 AM – 4 PM
Monday – Wednesday, July 1 – 3
9 AM – 4 PM
From the great sequoia to the golden poppy, California is home to incredible and distinctive flora. Campers ages 5 to 6 will learn to identify flowers and trees, paint from still life arrangements, and venture outdoors to examine, draw, and paint trees en plein air.
The Crocker's high-quality, full-day art camps are designed to support campers as they explore, imagine, experiment, and create. Camps focus on process over product and offer campers an opportunity to explore diverse subjects and materials through the Museum’s renowned collection and special exhibitions. Campers develop friendships and critical thinking skills through looking at, talking about, and making art.
- Taught by professional art educators, campers build visual literacy and art skills through exceptional and memorable camp experiences, including social play outdoors and gallery-based activities.
- All supplies are included, and morning and afternoon snacks are provided.
- Each week, campers go on a field trip or have a special guest.
- Camps are grouped by ages 5 – 6 and 7 – 9 to support developmentally appropriate interaction and exchange.
- Each camper receives a 100% cotton Crocker Kid t-shirt
$150 members • $195 nonmembers
Not a member? Click here to join today!
No experience is required unless noted. The Museum provides student-quality supplies included in the fee unless indicated otherwise. Students are welcome to bring their personal supplies; however there is no discount for doing so. Oil paints are not allowed in studio classrooms.