Crocker Art Camp: Art Fundamentals: Sculpture and Assemblage
Tuesday, January 2, 2018
9 AM - 4 PM
Tuesday - Friday, January 2 - 5
Crocker art camps are art-filled adventures that take kids into the Museum’s galleries, studios, and into the world! Campers develop friendships and creative thinking skills by viewing, discussing, and creating art. The Crocker’s setting, renowned art collection, special exhibitions, and professional art educators make for a unique and high-quality camp experience. Rooted in art, camps feature an array of exciting themes and activities to stimulate your child’s creative interests. Space is limited, and camps fill quickly, so advance registration is required.
· Low campers-to-educator ratio (never more than 9 to 1, and frequently lower)
· Designed for ages 6 – 9
· Taught by permanent Crocker staff with extensive training in art education, offering visits with professional artists from a variety of art disciplines
· All supplies are included
· Each participant receives two snacks per day. Box lunches are available for purchase from the Crocker Cafe by Supper Club
· Each camper receives a 100% cotton Crocker Kid t-shirt
Roll up your sleeves and explore all things sculptural. As they experiment with materials and methods of construction, campers can gain inspiration from more than 150 years of art history, on view in the Crocker collection. Campers will expand their knowledge of art making and vocabulary while looking closely and developing new skills.
$200 members • $245 nonmembers
Instructors: Museum Education Staff
Register by clicking the REGISTER button above or visit the Museum Admission Desk.
No experience is required unless noted. The Museum provides student-quality supplies included in the fee unless indicated otherwise. Students are welcome to bring their personal supplies; however there is no discount for doing so. Oil paints are not allowed in studio classrooms.