Material Explosion - Session 7
January 14, 2017
10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
This class is currently full. To have your name added to the waiting list, please call (916) 808-1182 or email email@example.com.
Eight Saturdays, October 1 - January 28 (dates are not consecutive)
For ages 7 - 12
Designed for busy schedules, enroll your child in one, two, three, or all sessions. Each Saturday, students will complete an artwork.
• Session 1: October 1, Blow your cityscape out of the water, using liquid watercolor and printmaking techniques.
• Session 2: October 8, Rock, paper, scissors – it’s a surprise! Seek spur-of-the-moment inspiration from a variety of materials and the exhibition Claire Falkenstein: Beyond Sculpture.
• Session 3: October 15, Make a mixed-media animal sculpture inspired by Allan
• Session 4: October 22, Create your own Chihuly-inspired chandelier using recycled
• Session 5: October 29, Build a relief sculpture on canvas.
• Session 6: November 5, Learn the centuries-old art of metal tooling to create cool
designs in foil.
• Session 7: January 14, Draw from observation using shading techniques to make
objects look real.
• Session 8: January 21, Paint a landscape.
Per session: $20 members • $30 nonmembers
Instructor: Sharon Hanson
Please note: Due to the low cost of each session, our refund policy does not apply for these classes.
About the Instructor:
Sharon Hanson studied studio art and art history at Buena Vista University in Iowa. As an art docent in elementary classrooms and an art educator, she has been demonstrating her true passion for exposing children to art for more than 20 years. She enjoys making art quilts and exploring a variety of art materials and techniques through mixed media.
Register by clicking the REGISTER button above or visit the Museum Admission Desk.
No experience is required unless noted. The Museum provides student-quality supplies included in the fee unless indicated otherwise. Students are welcome to bring their personal supplies; however there is no discount for doing so. Oil paints are not allowed in studio classrooms. Registered students are not permitted to bring guests.