Visitor Services Representatives promote an engaging visitor experience while enforcing Museum procedures and ensuring the visitor’s first and last impressions of their experience at the Museum is a positive one. Visitor Services Representatives provide excellent customer service and have good working knowledge of the Crocker exhibitions, programs, and facilities. They assist with visitor greetings and orientation and think creatively when faced with day-to-day scenarios. Visitor Services Representatives are cross-trained in customer service and sales, clerical tasks, museum exhibitions, and programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Act as information resource for visitors and members and have a complete understanding of Museum activities.
- Use ticketing system to process the sales of admission tickets and program registration.
- Sell memberships based on an understanding of and ability to communicate the benefits of different membership levels. Attaining goals for these sales is considered in the employee’s annual performance appraisal.
- Greet Museum visitors and answer general questions about Sacramento and the region.
- Receive visitor complaints and help provide solutions for issues that may arise.
- Understand and administer Museum policies regarding photography, items allowed in the galleries, coat check, etc.
- Replenish materials for interactive gallery space, Tot Land, and collateral racks.
- Follow procedures outlined in the VSR Handbook regarding opening/closing ticketing stations.
- Sell and distribute audio guides to visitors and explain their use.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and professional workspace.
- Other duties as assigned.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
Qualified candidates should enjoy working with the public and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility to remain professional in stressful circumstances, and problem solve on the spot. Experience working in museums or other arts related organizations is recommended. Working with point of sales systems, specifically Counterpoint, is recommended.
Responsible for cash and credit card transactions.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.Apply