DEPARTMENT: Visitor Services
SUPERVISOR: Manager of Visitor Services
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time/Non-exempt
HOURS/WEEK: Up to 24 hours/week
The Visitor Services Representative is responsible for providing a high level of customer service while making sales transactions and as an attendant in the galleries. This position is an essential part of the visitor experience.
The focus of the position is to: engage with visitors; follow and enforce Museum policy; complete sales transactions; have good working knowledge of the Crocker exhibitions, programs, and facilities; perform Museum Store tasks as needed (including restocking, cleaning, and assisting visitors); and serve as an attendant for the galleries in the Museum—while representing the Museum in a positive, friendly, and knowledgeable manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Provide exceptional and authentic customer service.
- Demonstrate knowledge to assist visitors in the Museum Store and in the galleries.
- Demonstrate Museum knowledge regarding current events and exhibits.
- Follow and enforce Museum policy, including policies on face coverings and gallery rules (no-touch areas, food and drink, etc.)
- Conduct and process sales transactions with speed, efficiency, and accuracy on point-of-sale system.
- Participate in maintaining an orderly and attractive store and stockroom.
- Open/close Museum Store and count drawer.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the day.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Museum operations, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate issues affecting customer experience to Museum Store Manager or Visitor Services manager on duty.
- Take tickets at assigned station at gallery entrances as needed and assist visitors in galleries.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for long periods of time, walk, and sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 lbs.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be dependable and enjoy working with the public.
- Have an interest in art, community, and customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a demonstrated ability to work with diverse audiences and internal customers.
- Be flexible with scheduling; be able to work weekends.
- Ability to multitask under pressure between visitor, register, and stockroom.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ensure cash drawer is balanced at the end of every shift.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Crocker Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org