To keep the Museum and grounds clean and orderly and systems and equipment working effectively for the comfort and safety of visitors, staff, and collections.
Responsibilities and Duties
Clean and maintain all of the Museum interior and exterior spaces as directed by supervisor. This includes but is not limited to:
- Daily cleaning of lavatories, kitchen areas, and public spaces.
- Scheduled dusting of all spaces.
- Emptying trash receptacles, daily and/or as needed.
- Supplying receptacles with paper products where required.
- Replacing light bulbs as required and tracking replacement needs.
- Pressure washing exterior spaces, surfaces, and equipment.
- Cleaning and maintenance of all floor surfaces — rubber, ceramic, wood, and carpet — using handheld and power equipment.
- Cleaning and maintenance of all wall surfaces, painted and wood.
- Notifying supervisor of any needed repairs to Museum property or equipment.
- Notifying supervisor immediately of equipment and supply needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Set up and clear out spaces in Museum used for various activities and events, in accordance with written and verbal instructions. Place chairs, tables, audiovisual equipment, electrical connections, trash receptacles, etc., in accordance with user requests and in such a way that the space and Museum collection are protected from potential damage.
Act as monitor for contractors and others working within the Museum to ensure that they follow appropriate procedures for working in the Museum environment. Protect the Museum from dust, chemical or fumes incursion, temperature variations, and security/safety breaches.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- Knowledge of materials, methods, tools, and equipment used in cleaning and maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic safety rules.
- Willingness to take initiative to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate well with others, interacting in a positive way to represent the Museum.
- Ability to work irregular shifts as needed including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and write.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.