Salary Range: $19.00-$22.00/hour
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: medical, dental, vision and retirement plan + membership to the Museum along with assorted free or discounted experiences.
The Crocker Art Museum brings people together and connects them in unexpected ways with art, ideas, each other, and the world around them. We value the diversity individuals and the perspectives, insights, and values they bring to the workplace. This position helps fulfil this by promoting the Museum as an unparalleled venue for private events. Hosting, creating, and facilitating remarkable external events where guests can form a new relationship with the Museum.
Additional duties include:
- Provide support for departmental communications, processes, and events calendar.
- Coordinate logistics for external clients and internal programs and events.
- Generate contracts, timelines, diagrams, and paperwork for external events including details on all vendors, deliveries, and pickup schedule.
- Conduct prospect research to identify new clients and organizations to increase revenue.
- Research and maintain current file for competitor policies, procedures, and venues.
- Assist in training and mentoring of events department staff and volunteers.
- Serve on City of Sacramento Event Review Board to keep Museum staff apprised of community events impacting Museum operations.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with members, visitors, volunteers, vendors, etc.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills that reflect ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated with an ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strength at building and maintaining relationships.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and diplomatic skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and floorplan/CRM event management software.
- Experience managing volunteers.
- Must be available evenings and weekends.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Crocker Art Museum strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination, and is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need in order to have the best available person in each job. The Museum has a “zero-tolerance” policy prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, gender, genetic characteristics, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Any such discrimination is prohibited.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.Apply