The Crocker Art Museum is first and foremost an educational institution. The Crocker’s educational mission is to attract, involve, and engage diverse audiences toward a deeper understanding of human experience through art. The ArtMix and Programming Intern will work directly with the Public Engagement Coordinator within the Education Department at the Crocker Art Museum. This position will work with various Crocker staff members and community groups to help the Public Engagement Coordinator execute our monthly ArtMix events and our Noon Year’s Eve Family Festival within the guides of our educational mission. This internship is unpaid.
- In the process of receiving a BFA/BA, MFA/MA degree or recent graduate
- Talented, enthusiastic and ready to learn!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, with the ability to work independently
- Ability to synthesize information quickly, organize massive amounts of data, and pay attention to details
- Comfortable working in a busy, fast-paced environment with performers and large crowds
- Art Studio experience a plus
- Education/teaching experience a plus
The ArtMix/Programming Intern will have the opportunity to work closely with the Public Engagement and Volunteer Coordinator to help create our monthly themed ArtMix events as well as our Noon Year’s Eve Family Festival.
- Assist the program planning and implementation of each event. Specifically, the art activities and decorations portion of the events.
- Work each event to ensure that they run smoothly and our goals are met
- 4 months minimum but can be extended up to 1 year if agreed upon.
- November 2017 through March 2018
- 6to 12 hours per week. One day must include the 2nd Thursday of each month from 2:30 PM to 10:30 PM.
- Must also be able to work Noon Year’s Eve, on Sunday December 31 from 8:30 AM to 4 PM.
- Gain an understanding of general museum operations and professions
- Will learn the various aspects related to museum education and audience development and engagement
- Gain professional and interpersonal skills through interaction with museum visitors and staff
- An opportunity to gain practice managing elements of a program or project, seeing it come to fruition, and adding this experience to their portfolio.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to Stephanie Longoria, Public Engagement and Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com